Hi ho there! This week’s holiday shopping guide comes at the perfect time: the unveiling of Cee Lo’s music video with the Muppets: All I Need is Love. Friends, I’ve watched this video so many times already and it makes me smile so hard. Walter!! Lew Zealand! Santa! It’s really enough of a holiday present for me. But to go a step further, here are a few items I’ve clustered together for the Muppet fan in your life. (Or let’s be real… YOU the Muppet fan.)
1. Threadless Muppet Shirts: Around this time last year, Threadless.com orchestrated a contest for some Muppet t-shirt designs. I’ve been absolutely adoring these from afar for that long. For the record, this is just ONE of my favorites and it was really hard to narrow down the right shirt to feature in this gift guide. I love that Threadless has different fits for women, men, and kids.
2. Muppet socks! My husband actually surprised me with Muppet socks last year for the holidays + I’ve gotten so many compliments on them. (Seriously!) They are vibrant, the characters are great, and low top socks are just my favorite. (Husband, you did good!)
3. Jim Henson: The Works: This is one of my best investments. I did buy a used copy (luckily, in great condition) and it’s been a great resource for me when it comes to Muppet Mondays or learning more about Jim Henson in general. Plus it has some wonderful pictures, and sidebar info. And it makes for a stylish coffee table book!
4. The Muppet Show: Season 1: This is a no brainer probably but I have been nursing this DVD for over a year and loving every minute of it. (If you are a regular follower of Muppet Monday, you may have noticed the show is the subject of many blog posts.) The show, especially this season, is the perfect glimpse into where it all started for the Muppets.
5. “It’s Not Easy Being Green” French Print: I’m always looking for a way to incorporate my “quirky aka childlike” interests into my house decor. And I am absolutely in love with this print. As soon as I saw it the first time, I was already thinking about where we could hang it up. So simple, so clever, so pretty.
6. The Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack: Best holiday music EVER! Okay, watching this movie is one of my favorite holiday traditions but the songs are so much a reason why. The soundtrack may be a little pricey (although the digital price on Amazon is very reasonable at $7.99) but it’s a worthwhile investment because you won’t stop listening to it. Ever!
7. Vinyl POP Figurines: Some of these POP figurines are nicer than the Disney Vinylmations I think. (I hope this doesn’t offend anyone.) I think the exaggerated and vibrant look to these characters just SCREAMS Muppet!
8. Kermit + Piggy Bookends: It is so tough for me not to press the “buy it now” button as I see these are back in stock on The Disney Store website. Beautifully crafted, subtle decor great for a book and Muppet nerd (like me!).