It’s hard to believe that two years ago, James and I were doing this:
And then this:
And after you marry the boy of your dreams, where do you go?
Not only did we have a wonderful wedding, but James and I headed to Florida for a 2-week Disney World honeymoon that included a week in the theme parks and a second on a Caribbean cruise on Disney’s Magic ship. (If you are new to the blog, some of my earliest posts were actually honeymoon recaps.)
Last year, for our first anniversary, I talked about the Disney touches James and I during our wedding + to celebrate this year, I’m going to relive my ultra-fabulous vacation (oh how I wish 2-week vacations were a regular thing) and relive my top five moments from our honeymoon.
Here we go —
5. Wild Africa Trek: This was a last minute extravagance… we actually booked it right before we left on our cruise and planned to return from the ship and spend our last day backstage at the Animal Kingdom. It was a lot tamer than we thought (we wanted real zip lines) but the views of the animals just can’t be topped. The tour guides were amazing, and the food break was fantastic too. It was the perfect way to end a whirlwind trip.
4. Our view at Bay Lake Tower: So it was unseasonably FREEZING during our first week in Orlando (we so didn’t pack well) and we didn’t get to spend as much time as I would have liked enjoying this view, but when we did… whoa. It was so beautiful. I really loved waking up every morning to see it, and going to bed and seeing all the lights twinkling. BLT was probably the perfect place to stay for our honeymoon — it didn’t feel like it was overrun with kids (most of the time) and we were just a short walk away from Magic Kingdom (another new experience for us).
3. We met some characters. Okay, so you know when you wear the special occasion buttons and people say Happy Birthday to you? Well, it was nothing like some of the attention we got when we wore our bride and groom ears. (Confession: we did not wear them every day because they hurt our ears, and were not the easiest to tote around all the time.) One morning at MK, we lucked out with a particularly adorable Chip and Dale duo who decided to coordinate an entire wedding ceremony for us. By far, one of my best memories I’ve had in Disney parks.
2. Dinner at Narcoossee’s: We really lived it up when it came to meals for honeymoon with the help of our Disney Honeymoon Registry. (Seriously, the best idea in the world. If you are honeymooning down here, do it!) This was a special meal for no other reason that it was delicious, we got a souvenir menu to take home, and we had a lovely view which led to a great (and unplanned) Wishes view on the way to the Magic Kingdom via boat.
1. My time on Disney Cruise’s Magic: My honeymoon reunited me with the only cruise ship I had ever gone on, and threw me back into cruising after a long absence. It also revved up the obsession once again. We had beautiful weather, made some nice friends, and had a great time exploring St. Maarten and St. John (we snorkeled with sea turtles!). Best of all was time spent in Castaway Cay at the adult getaway beach and riding bikes around the island. (It’s sort of become our favorite thing to do.) It was so nice to kick our legs up and relax after a long year and a half of wedding planning.
Oh man. How lovely would it be to take that exact trip every year for our wedding anniversary? It really was a vacation to remember, and one that we reminisce about all the time.
Every day, I feel so lucky to have married a guy who not only remains super supportive of everything I do (and dream to do) but also shares my love of Disney. Here’s to another year full of adventure, Dole Whips, and happy memories! xoxo
Thanks everyone for sharing this trip down memory lane with me!