Did you rightfully celebrate the 35th anniversary of The Muppet Movie release yesterday?
You can tell me the truth.
I won’t tell / tweet about it to anyone. I promise!
In fact, that’s what I want to help you with today. I like birthdays that last more than a day — in fact I think it’s should be at least a week long celebration — so with that mindset, here are a few ways you can celebrate brilliance and hilarity of The Muppet Movie this week:
- Go on a road trip with your best friend. (Studebaker not required.)
- Check out a country fair + perhaps meet the love of your life a.k.a. the lovely thorn in your side.
- Be prepared to judge the advice and actions of celebrities showing up in your life. Not everyone is Dom DeLuise.
- Go on a date with aforementioned thorn and order the cheapest wine ever. Proceed to drink with a straw.
- Sing a duet with a dog.
- Have a campfire with new friends who feel like old friends. (Just don’t go off talking to yourself after it’s over.)
- Figure out what the heck Hare Krishna means.
- Continue to follow your dreams even if it means escaping an assassin, discovering a literal fork in the road, and a mean receptionist.
- Listen to every version of “The Rainbow Connection” on repeat.
And, well, if your week is already crammed with plans, maybe you could take a moment to rewatch The Muppet Movie. (Way to take the easy way out…) It’s available for Instant viewing on Netflix, and also for purchase from Amazon, B&N, and DisneyStore.com.
Life’s like a movie, write your own ending…