When I started This Happy Place Blog three years ago, I knew I wanted to dedicate part of our content to the Muppets. Why? I’m not entirely sure. I had always loved them but it wasn’t until 2011, that I got very interested in learning the backstory of how they came to be, the life of Jim Henson, and how exactly they fit into the Disney Company today.
Muppet Monday triumphs as my longest running feature on the blog (I think I have only missed two Mondays in three years), and while it is so much fun and has taught me so much, it’s been one of the toughest features too. As a Muppet fan, we veer toward Muppet Mindset and Tough Pigs for news, and awesome features. They are mega-Muppet experts, dripping with trivia, facts, and clout and I owe so much to their enthusiasm and dedication to the Muppet online community.
But to be a Disney park obsessive, a Disney fan in general, and a Muppet fan? To come up with features that not only reflect the news but relate to something in the parks and presenting it from a different angle? I’d be lying if I told you that sometimes I sit there on Sunday nights starting from absolutely no where and hoping for a little spark to create a 300-word blog post.
I love the challenge.
Since this week marks the blog anniversary, I thought I would share a few of my favorite Muppet Monday posts from the last 12 months. I don’t want you to miss out on the good stuff!
For your reading pleasure:
- Pigs take over The Muppet Show. I was surprised this hadn’t happened sooner, but oh my, was it a wonderful episode!
- We should never discount Scooter! He has that super cool jacket and knows how to take charge. Let’s celebrate him!
- My two loves mix: Muppets + my ideas for their integration into the Disney theme parks. Specifically, Epcot!
- Jim Henson: The Biography taught me so much about the early lives of many of my top characters like this one about Rowlf!
- A musical highlight in The Muppet Treasure Island… it doesn’t get enough attention in my opinion!
- Scott from Beers + Ears was gracious enough to stop in and talk about the Muppets and what brews they would be drinking.
Big thanks to all of you readers who support the Muppet Monday feature!
It’s so close to my heart and I love to hear that you enjoy them!
Here’s to another great year!